2016 was a whirlwind of a year for us. We did so much and we traveled more than ever before. We sold a large chunk of our business and we spent three months in Europe. It was exciting and fun and we have zero regrets. But what about 2017?
Now that we’re a month into 2017, we are looking ahead to this new year and it’s shaping up quite a bit differently than last year.
Whereas we sold a business last year, we are starting new business this year. Where we spent a large portion of the year in Puerto Rico, we’ll be spending most of our time in Arizona, USA. And where we traveled abroad, we’ll be traveling a lot in the American Southwest.
So, is 2017 better or worse than 2016?
I think neither. I simply think it’s different. We’re actually quite excited about the changes, you know us, forever the gypsies. We love to roam around and haven’t been able to stay still for very long, especially once we started this location-independent lifestyle.
Specifically, on the list of things to do this coming year:
- Starting up e-commerce branch of our business – It is time to expand our business and this is the most logical direction. It is also one of the main reasons we’re moving to Arizona.
- Starting up different types of blogs – Up until now, we’ve specialized in Tech and Travel, we’ll be adding others – stay tuned for more..
- Book writing – I have lots of ideas. So, I’ll be venturing into authorship – hopefully.
- Thoroughly exploring Arizona – We have been visiting AZ for years because my son lives here, but the more we see, the more we want to explore. Arizona is absolutely beautiful and full of history. We can’t wait to learn more.
- Thoroughly exploring the American Southwest: New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, and even California – We know the eastern US pretty well, but this is our chance to explore the western side of this beautiful country.
- Visiting Mexico – And why not? We’ll be just 75 miles from the border 🙂
- Disney Land – Who doesn’t want to go to Disney Land? It’s the quintessential American Amusement Park. Besides, we want to explore California, anyway.
- Lego Land – We’ve been told: “Lego Land is better than Disney Land”, so guess what? It’s on the list 🙂
- Las Vegas (aka Disney Land for Adults) – You can’t be within driving distance and not visit Vegas. This is where we got married and we’ll be going back for our anniversary this year. WOOT!
And in case, you’re like some of our family and think “Why in the world, would you want to move to the desert with all that ugly sand?“. Ugly? Check out this video and tell me if you still feel the same.
So, the above to-do list and much more is coming in 2017. We’re going to continue writing about Puerto Rico and our adventures there (we have lots of material from the past two years) but also about our new life back in US and how it compares. We’re going to be writing about the places we visit in the Southwest and Mexico. And, how we make money online. So, if you’re hoping to break free of your life and roam as we do, keep reading and we’ll tell you how we’re doing it.
Here is to another great year (2017), roaming the world and being the GenX Gypsies!